Get your Red Cross Certifications at KSTC
KSTC is proud to offer American Red Cross training. We offer Lifeguard Classes and Water Safety Instructor Classes. Both are taught by our manager, Sydney Sears who is a certified Life Guard Instructor and Water Safety Instructor Trainer. All Classes are held at Kent Swim and Tennis Club.
Lifeguard Course (Must be 15 by last day of class)
We will be doing this swim evaluation on the first day of class. If you can complete these three prerequisites you may proceed with the course.
1. 300 yards swim on your front (You can use goggles)
2. Tread water for 2 minutes only using legs
3. Brick Test:
- Starting in the water swim 20 yards head high crawl stroke,
- Surface dive and retrieve the 10 lb brick from the bottom of the deep end
- Return to the surface and swim back 20 yards while holding the brick with two hands, keeping your face and surface of the brick out of the water.
Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Course (Must be 16 by last day of class)
Swim 25 yards of
- Crawl Stroke
- Back Stroke
- Breast Stroke
- Side Stroke
- Elementary Back Stroke
Use the form below to register for our upcoming classes.