The club rules are defined by the KSTC board.
Their purpose is to ensure that those at the club have a safe and enjoyable experience. It is important for owners, lessees, and their guests to understand that KSTC is a shared, community owned, facility. With a reasonable amount of respect and courtesy, we can all enjoy our time with family and friends at KSTC.
For the purpose of these rules:
- The term owner is defined to include both KSTC owners and those that have leased an ownership.
- Facilities is defined as the area contained within the fenced perimeter including all buildings, swimming pool, tennis courts grass and cement within the grounds of KSTC.
- Grounds is defined as the area contained by the outer property lines of KSTC as set by the City of Kent.
- The Club manager has authority over the activities of all owners and guests within the KSTC grounds. This includes the authority to deny admittance, or remove owners/guests from the grounds.
- Owners and their guests must obey KSTC staff. KSTC Staff has the authority to deny admittance and restrict access to the pool and tennis courts:
- KSTC staff has the right to restrict minors and their guests from using the facility without owner supervision.
- KSTC is not responsible for any injuries to owners or their guests.
- KSTC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- No pets are allowed in the facility unless they are a service animal and official paperwork can be provided.
- No smoking or use of tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes, vaporizer cigarettes) are allowed in the facility or on the grounds, except in the designated area, past the dumpster in the parking lot. Please dispose of ashes in provided receptacles.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, etc. are not allowed inside the facility. Bicycles can be locked up on the bike rack in the parking lot.
- Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- No boys over the age of six are permitted in the women’s bathroom and no girls over the age of six are permitted in the men’s bathroom.
- Access to the Event 73 kitchen area is allowed only by KSTC staff.
- Access to the office area, guard shack, pump room, and storage sheds are restricted to authorized personnel.
- The use of cameras, video cameras or any device containing camera equipment is prohibited in all locker rooms, bathrooms and changing rooms.
- Owners are responsible to see that their guests observe the rules and regulations.
- All owners must check in at the office upon entry of the facility during regular operating hours. Owners must check in all guests by name (see guest policy). If owners are at the facility prior to regular business hours (such as for a team practice/lessons), they must return to the office and check in upon facility opening for regular business hours.
- Any damage occurring to club property anywhere on the grounds by owners or owner’s guests will be charged to the responsible owner. Any vandalism or misuse of property should be immediately reported to KSTC staff.
- Respect is critical. All owners and guests will treat others in a respectful and friendly manner. Physically or verbally abusive behavior is unacceptable. Abusive, hostile, demeaning, offensive and vulgar or other improper behavior will not be tolerated. This includes engaging in a negative humor or bantering that may intimidate, demean, or offend another person.
- Profanity, improper behavior, or vulgar remarks are prohibited. Owners will do their utmost to create a culture of dignity and respect that is free from harassment or intimidation. Bullying tactics by adults and children will not be tolerated.
- Respect the right of others to not have to listen to your music.
- Please respect opening and closing hours of the pool. Owners should start preparing to leave for the evening 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Owners will clean up their mess. This is not the responsibility of KSTC staff. Specifically:
- BBQs must be properly cleaned after each use. This includes scraping the grill and removing all excess food and drippings.
- The KSTC provided grilling utensils must be cleaned and returned.
- When using the outside sink, drains must be cleared of food and debris. Do not leave dishes in the sink.
- Clean your table when done.
- Put the garbage in the appropriate container. Large amounts of garbage and recycling can be taken out to the main dumpster in the parking lot
- Obey the life guards at all times.
- Do not disturb the life guards – necessary conversation only.
- No food or glass containers are allowed on the pool deck or tennis courts. Beverages in plastic containers may be consumed on pool deck and only water may be consumed on tennis courts.
- Pollution of the pool is prohibited. Specifically urinating, blowing the nose, or depositing any foreign matter in the pool.
- Please take a cleansing shower before using the pool, and after sunbathing or exercising.
- All band aids and gum must be thrown in the garbage prior to entering the pool.
- Only properly hemmed bathing attire is allowed.
- Babies and toddlers must use the appropriate undergarment (i.e. swim diapers)
- No running on the pool deck
- Pushing, dunking or other harmful acts of horseplay are prohibited. ‘Harmful acts of horseplay’ will be defined by the life guards.
- Do not hang on the lane lines
- Life guards may, at their discretion, require pool users to take a swimming proficiency test.
- Non proficient swimmers must be accompanied by a responsible person (a 13 year or older proficient swimmer) who is also in the water.
- This includes children with swim aids and approved flotation devices.
- For those non-proficient swimmers who are at least 4 feet tall (water is shoulder height in the shallow end of the pool), the responsible person may attentively watch from the edge of the pool.
- Deep end use is prohibited to all swimmers with flotation devices.
- The use of some toys is allowed
- Toy use is at the discretion of the life guards. High occupancy may restrict toy use.
- When using toys, be respectful to the other swimmers
- No tennis balls in the pool
- No snorkels or swim masks with nose pieces are allowed. No devices (e.g. snorkels) that allow one to ‘breathe’ underwater are allowed.
- Shallow end use
- No diving from the edge of the pool
- Front jumps from the side are allowed.
- Starting blocks may only be used with supervision of a qualified coach, for instructional purposes.
- The lap lane is reserved for lap swimmers only
- Circle swimming is required when more than one swimmer is using the lane
- Fins, pull buoys, and kick boards are available for lap lane swimmers.
- Crossing the lap lane must be done in a manner to not impede the lap swimmer.
- Deep end use
- Front dives and jumps from the edge of the pool are allowed. No backwards diving.
- Swimming is permitted in the area from the lane lines to the ladders.
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time.
- Divers may take one bounce when diving from the board.
- Dive or jump straight off and promptly swim to the side of the pool (i.e. get out the way of the next diver).
- No diving from the sides of the diving board.
- No diving into the arms of another person waiting in the water.
- No food or drinks, other than water, are allowed on the courts at any time.
- Tennis shoes or other non-marking shoes only.
- No chairs, tents or other items that could damage courts are allowed unless approved by the club manager.
Tables become a limited commodity on those nice summer days when everyone is at the club. When this happens, be respectful of the other owners. Limit your table use to one. Don’t hold or save a table you are not using. Or better yet, share your table with someone you don’t know. Note that owners are permitted to bring in additional tables, but they must be setup in the area above the tennis courts.
KSTC allows owners to bring occasional guests for a fee. Please tell the staff if you are expecting guests and notify them how the guest fee will be paid. All guests register at the front desk by signing the guest book, and it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure guests follow all rules. Owners will meet guests at the front desk. No guests will be allowed in the facility unless the owner is present, and all guests must leave when the owner they are with leaves.
An occasional guest, as defined by KSTC, is one that visits no more than 3 times a month.
- $8.00 per person ages 3 – 61 (includes tax)
- $4.00 per person ages 62 and over
- Free children under 2 and younger
- Punch cards – 10 visits for $75.00 (includes tax) purchased by owners.
Owners can bring in up to 10 guests at any one time. For more than 10 guests, please contact the pool manager (email@example.com).
Long Term Out-of-Area Guests
Out-of-area guests (up to 4 people) who are visiting for longer than three weeks shall be registered as a member of your household. Owners will notify the Membership chair about the addition of the Long Term Out-of-Area guest prior to the guest(s) arrival. Prior to, or at the time of the first visit, the fee will be paid at the front desk, and staff will confirm addition of guest to owners account.
Fee – $80 per guest
Out-of-area guests (up to 4), staying not longer than 3 weeks, may be offered guest privileges for an extended period of time to coincide with the time they are guests of your household. Owners will register guest at the front desk by filling out a Guest & Childcare Request Form. Prior to, or at the time of the first visit, the fee will be paid at the front desk and a KSTC Short Term Guest Pass will be given to the guest(s) to be shown to the front desk at each visit. Guest will sign the guest book at each visit as well.
Fee – $25 per week per individual or $80 per week per family
Permanent childcare, such as a nanny or full time caregiver, shall be treated as a member of the family for the period of time when your child is in their care. No additional guest fee will be required. The nanny/full time caregiver shall not have KSTC privileges at any other time. It is assumed that when children and their permanent full time caregiver are using the facilities that the adult members of the family are not using the facilities. Please notify the Membership Board member of any permanent caregiver, so they can be noted in your owner information. Caregivers need to be updated annually.
An Owner, who will be needing a temporary childcare for more than 1 week may request guest priveleges for a temporary childcare caregiver, such as a relative or close friend (must be over 18). The caregiver, shall be treated as a member of the family for the period of time when your child is in their care. No additional guest fee will be required. Owners will register the caregiver at the front desk by filling out a Guest & Child Care Request Form. The caregiver shall not have KSTC privileges at any other time. It is assumed that when children and their caregiver are using the facilities that the adult members of the family are not using the facilities. A KSTC Short Term Guest Pass will be given to the temporary caregiver and will be shown to the front desk at each visit. They will sign the guest book at each visit as well.
Babysitters who are used for an occasional period of time at KSTC with the owners’s children shall be treated as a guest. They will be required to pay a guest fee and register the front desk prior to entry.
Grandchildren living with grandparents full-time are household member and should be registered as such. Other situations fall under “Out-of-Area guests”.
Owners may purchase a punch card that is good for ten guest visits. The punch card may only be used when bringing in 10 or fewer guests. If you are bringing in more than 10 guests, all guests will be subject to the full individual fee. Guests must still register at the front desk and follow all other sections of the guest policy.
Current owners may invite perspective owners at no cost for a onetime visit with prior approval from the President, Operations or Membership board members. Guests must still register at the front desk.
- Annual dues are calculated by the Board of Trustees and recommended to the membership (owners) at the yearly general meeting for approval. The basis of the dues will reflect the cost of club operation and other indebtedness to operate the club, grounds and facilities. The yearly dues will include an amount of $75 plus 10% of the basis targeted specifically for the capital expenditure fund.
- Each paying member is equally responsible for all indebtedness.
- Annual dues must be paid in full on or before May 1st of each calendar year and mailed to the KSTC Post Office Box.
- Dues received after May 5th will result in a late fee of $50. All membership privileges will be suspended until all fees are paid.
- Consequences of non-sufficient funds will be immediate suspension of membership and the addition of any NSF costs will be leveed on the member.
- Any member delinquent in the payment of dues to the Association past June 1st will remain suspended from membership by the Board and assessed an additional suspension fee of $75.
- Suspended members shall be notified by the Board via certified mail (on or before June 15th) that failure to pay indebtedness, in full, by July 15th of the same year will lead to expulsion. Members still delinquent on July 15th will be expelled from membership by a vote of two-thirds of the Board of Trustees and the membership ownership is transferred from the expelled member to the Kent Swim and Tennis Club.
- Membership certificates of expelled members are the property of the Club and will be sold in accordance with established procedures.
- Members shall be required to arrange for payment of all charges and liabilities incurred by them or their families and guests.
- The Association shall have a lien upon the membership certificate for the amount of any indebtedness a member may owe to the Association.
- No portion of the dues shall be refunded or remitted.